Sudden grow of memory in "Laundry" state

Rozhuk Ivan rozhuk.im at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:54:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:25:48 -0700
Robert <robert.ayrapetyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: what else (except mmap) may reduce "Free" memory and
> increase "Laundry"\"Swap" in the system?

FreeBSD mem usage is at least "strange".

I got 32GB installed, sum of RSS runnig programs ~16GB.
Why system use swap?

If there is no swap then system some times freezes because cant allocate mem.
WTF!?

Before FreeBSD I use win 7 on system with 16GB, and same software: firefox + vbox.
I do not use swap, and in same use cases I got ~half free memory.
Probably now same software consume more mem, let x2 = 16BG, but where is another 16GB free ram!?