cryptodev / softcrypto — are here any plans to cleanup it?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 16 19:00:01 UTC 2018

 To be honest, I'm surprised by inconsistency of our kernel crypto
infrastructure.

  "struct enc_xform" contains context size, but "struct auth_hash" doesn't.

  Memory management is different for auth algorithms and encryption
algorithms.

  There is Setkey for auth algorithms, but it is mostly unused.

  There is no way to re-key encryption without re-allocating context
("key" or "schedule", even naming is not consistent). Ouch.

  As I could see by commits, there was some simplifications , but,
maybe, here is project to cleanup this subsystem?

--
// Lev Serebryakov