Carp questions

Mark Saad nonesuch at longcount.org
Thu Oct 11 11:25:35 UTC 2018

All
  I am running into two carp questions I can’t easily find an answer too . Before I go off and try to break stuff I figured i’de ask if anyone has tried this and has any pointers .

Issue one : adding more user defined bits to the custom carp Mac . So this is not all that common but in some cases you can have two pairs of carp servers with overlapping vhids that eventually cause trouble with each other.  Has anyone tried this ? I am ok with random-ish mac’s like how crossbow does this on illumos .

Issue two: one way carp fail over . For example node a and b are carp partners . Node a crashes node b takes over but there is no automatic fail back when node a recovers . I can’t find a way to do this in 11.x . I am stumped anyone have any built into magic for this ?

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch at longcount.org