Contigfree takes too much time that cuases PCIe driver unload to take up to 30 minutes

Steevan Rodrigues steevanxperia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:51:10 UTC 2018

Hi ,

After some investigation I came across following email thread:
http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/FreeBSD-11-1-contigfree-performance-issue-td6247284.html

Now I see that the issue seen by me is same as the one described in the
above email thread. We found that our driver too takes too much time during
configfree and contigmalloc calls. This happens only in server with xeon
dual CPU with 10 core each ( total 20 cores / 40 threads).
This issue is not seen in server with Xeon Dual CPU with 6 core each (
total 12 cores / 24 threads)

Any suggestions about how to overcome this problem with contigmalloc and
configfree ?
Thanks
Steevan