[GSoC] Proposal draft on "Dual-stack ping(1) command"

Sumit Lakra sumitlakradev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 18:45:50 UTC 2018

Hello,
I was interested in this project earlier. I was thinking of combining this
with the traceroute one, but I decided to go for another project later.
You will need to use Raw ICMP sockets to do this. Probably the best way.
But you will also need to make your ping command a set-user-id program, as
only root user can create raw sockets. And if you do this, you must take
extra care not to drop any bugs in the code or it can be a havoc. All the
best !