Cirrus-CI: Free FreeBSD CI testing for open-source projects

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 19 22:52:49 UTC 2018

Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at freebsd.org> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 03:03 Alan Somers <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Cirrus Labs has just released support for FreeBSD on their CI service.  And
>> they've made it free for OSS!  Cirrus-CI is a cloud-based CI system for
>> cloud-hosted software, much like Travis-CI, Appveyor, Circle-CI, etc.  But
>> it's the first* such system to support FreeBSD with no weird hacks
>> required.  It also runs each test in a full VM, so you can mount
>> filesystems, create jails, etc.  The free tier supports runs on a dual CPU
>> VM with 4GB of RAM.  But if that's not enough, you can cheaply configure
>> Cirrus to use a custom VM in Google Cloud (gcp account required; cheap but
>> not free).
>>
>> https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/FreeBSD/
>

> This is really an exciting news. Ed and I started a wiki page for tracking
> the efforts we put or wanted to add FreeBSD CI for the software widely used:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/HostedCI

Why Chromium? Before hooking CI for FreeBSD it needs to build without
patches but there was no upstreaming activity for years.

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!searchin/chromium-reviews/freebsd|sort:date
https://cs.chromium.org/search/?q=OS_FREEBSD