angel(2) system call, the quest for immortality, aka kill(2) with SIGSTOP/SIGKILL will *not* work

Warm White Wolf warmwhitewolf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:37:59 UTC 2018

Seriously : suppose your well crafted, eventually audited program, is more
important than
your whole informatic system, perhaps the raison d'etre of your business.
You want to live,
more than the 1% errors of your sysadmins.

Ludic : you have an account in the Unix machines at your university. You
wrote your small
HTTPD, and you want that your sysadmins won't kill your power-httpd.

fork(void) was pretty extremy at it's time...

As a power Unix-user, a config option for the kernel, at compile-time, can
be provided...