[diskless] pkg takes 100% of a CPU

BERTRAND Joël joel.bertrand at systella.fr
Sun Apr 8 08:14:17 UTC 2018

Rodney W. Grimes a écrit :

>>> My understanding of the current broken state of afairs is that pkg
>>> does not work over nfs unless you have proper and full lockd support,
>>> AND set NFS_WITH_PROPER_LOCKING in pkg's environment.??This really
>>> really really just needs to work without a lot of fuss out of the
>>> box.
>>>

>> nfs locking support is compiled into the kernel on both the server and
>> client side, and rpc.lockd is running on both, but there is no need for
>> actual locking on the mount because the rootfs isn't accessed by
>> multiple clients at once -- each of my arm boards has its own private
>> rootfs exported from the server. I'm pretty sure I tried remounting
>> root
>
> pkg wants to do locking, multiple copies of pkg may be running on one
> client, you might get pkg to work for you if you do the
>
> echo "NFS_WITH_PROPER_LOCKING = true;" >> /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

	Of course, I have set this line in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf.

	I cannot attach pkg to gdb :
root at pythagore:~ # gdb -p 75520
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd".
Attaching to process 75520
/usr/src/contrib/gdb/gdb/solib-svr4.c:1444: internal-error:
legacy_fetch_link_map_offsets called without legacy link_map support
enabled.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.

pkg seems to be called by /usr/local/sbin/pkgcheck-qsa

	I have killed pkg with -SEGV but I'm unable to find core file.

	Best regards,

	JB