Issue with pkg upgrade on diskless workstation

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 23 14:47:00 UTC 2017

On 2017/05/23 13:53, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>     I suppose that is bug is NFS related, but I'm not able to found a
> workaround. gdb crashes when I try to attach it on pkg process :

Have you tried toggling the value of NFS_WITH_PROPER_LOCKING in
pkg.conf?  It defaults to off, which switches to an alternate but not as
good locking strategy when pkg detects that its database (/var/db/pkg)
is on an NFS mount -- if you have a usable lockd, try setting that to true.

Yes, the base system gdb doesn't work very well to debug pkg(8) built
from source.  Try installing gdb from ports -- although I realise there
may be a bit of a chicken and egg problem there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew