Announcing man-k.org

Abhinav Upadhyay abhinav at NetBSD.org
Sat May 13 15:24:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

My name is Abhinav Upadhyay, I am a NetBSD user and developer. I would like to
introduce http://man-k.org - a web interface to NetBSD's apropos(1). It is a
full text search tool for man pages, providing support for searching FreeBSD,
NetBSD, OpenBSD, Linux and Posix man pages.

Apart from full text search, the man pages have syntax highlighting (at least
the mdoc(7) man pages have, see [1] for example). Also, the header includes in
the man pages are hyperlinked to OpenGrok for looking up the header files
(see [2] for an example).

I have talked about it briefly at last year's EuroBSDCon and AsiaBSDCon in the
context of applying machine learning to improve ranking in NetBSD's apropos(1).
But it only had support for searching NetBSD man pages back then.

I would like to invite you all to use it and let me know of any feedback or
suggestions you might have to improve it. :-)

[1]:http://man-k.org/man/FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT/2/kevent
[2]:http://man-k.org/man/FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT/3/strtonum

-
Abhinav