make uninstall /usr/src/share/doc/

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Sun Apr 2 00:29:44 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 12:56:04AM +0000, Yao Bao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the docs under /usr/src/share/doc/ with commands below:
> make
> make install
> make clean
>
> And I am thinking about is there anyway to unsintall the docs I just installed?
> I tried make uninstall but no luck.
>
> Can anyone provide some tips on this?

There is no 'uninstall' target for the bsd.prog.mk, bsd.doc.mk, etc.
makefile includes that are used by src/share/doc/.  One thing that
could be done is 'touch stampfile; make install; find /usr/share
-newer stampfile' to get a list of files that are probably the
installed ones.  Sometimes 'make -n install' is also useful for
generating a list of what files would have been installed, but only
if submakes are not in use.

-Ben