FreeBSD11 buildworld WITHOUT_ICONV

Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya) yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 06:25:43 UTC 2016

> On Oct 23, 2016, at 23:13, damian at damianek.be wrote:

> > Rev 307725
> > Still same problem:
> > /usr/src/lib/libc/tests/iconv/iconvctl_test.c:30:10: fatal error: 'iconv.h' file not found
>
>         Are you trying to build from lib/libc/tests or lib/libc/tests/iconv ? If the latter, then yes… that will not work. The former case should work though (and I tested this out before I committed the change by setting MK_ICONV=no).
>
> I'm trying make buildworld from /usr/src.
> In /usr/src/tools/build/options i don't see MK_ICONV option.
>
> Now i try on revision 307846 and MK_ICONV=no (and WITHOUT_ICONV=yes) in /etc/src.conf

	If you set WITHOUT_foo=y, it will set MK_foo=no (example below with MK_ICONV and the directory of interest). So, I’m not entirely sure why your example is failing (yet). Some logs with failing context somewhere would definitely help.
Thanks,
-Ngie

$ make -C lib/libc/tests/ -VSUBDIR:Miconv -VMK_ICONV
iconv
yes
$ env MK_ICONV=no make -C lib/libc/tests/ -VSUBDIR:Miconv -VMK_ICONV

no
$