Are those happy tears?

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Fri Oct 7 15:47:27 UTC 2016

The full scene:

  David: [David tries talking to Monica with Teddy in his lap] Where are we
     going? Someplace nice? Are those happy tears? What's for dinner tonight?
  Monica: You know you don't eat.
  David: Yes. But I like sitting at the table.

Anyway, I'd largely given up on my ThinkPad T420 running anything useful that
included ZFS, between ZoL not having TRIM support yet and FreeBSD not
sleeping and having random other issues, so I opted to start running my
MacBook as my primary notebook and to install FreeBSD 11RC3 onto my ThinkPad,
with an intent of filing bug reports to help explore out why it wouldn't
restore the monitor from ACPI sleep.

I just wanted to report that it appears that something changed between 11RC1
and 11RC3, as the laptop now sleeps and resumes properly. I'm psyched,
because I'd bought the thing a year or more ago to run FreeBSD, and it hasn't
actually managed to do so in a usable way prior to today.

Thanks! :)

--
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason at blisses.org     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped