Using Audit Framework and praudit

Mateusz Piotrowski 0mp at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 6 19:19:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 6 Oct 2016, at 18:59, mokhi <mokhi64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For using "The audit framework", should I rebuild my kernel to use
> "praudit" to log exec or syscall events ?
> I used the way that handbook says to use praudit, but it only shows me
> logs on authentications with "su" and stop/starting "auditd" service,
> and there's no any other logs.

I guess that there's no need to recompile anything since your praudit
seems to be working as expected.

> Any ideas what other things should i do ?

Are you sure you've modified /etc/security/audit_control? It's the file
where you can configure what events the system should log.

See audit_control(5) and the handbook[1] for more details.

Cheers,

-m

[1]: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/audit-config.html