EFI/ZFS Update: successful tests, need more complex vdevs

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Sat Jan 16 13:15:33 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 12:59:54PM +0000, Gabor Radnai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to check HardenedBSD for EFI + ZFS on root but the installer says
> this combo is not supported. What am I missing?

The "zfs auto install" part of bsdinstall still needs to be updated to
know about the new ZFS UEFI support. The manual partition selection
(which is called SADE) supports it, but you won't get ZFS BE support by
using that. I talked with Allan Jude a little bit about it and he
inferred that he's working on zfs auto install support (though
"inferred" doesn't mean he actually is).

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
HardenedBSD

GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE