variables optimized out

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Sun Jan 3 14:59:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sunday, 03. Jan 2016, 14:38:33 +0100, robbinson defau wrote:
> Im debugging some issues in the kernel and as the kernel is compiled by
> default with -O2, a lot of variables are optimized out. So i made changes
> to make.conf (CFLAGS and COPTFLAGS).\
>
> All builds fine, but I get the weirdest of panics that most certainly not
> happen with -O2. [...]

I just had a look at "man make.conf" and that says:

     CFLAGS	   (str) Controls the compiler setting when compiling C code.
		   Optimization levels other than -O and -O2 are not sup‐
		   ported.

At least to me this is a surprise. I'm really disappointed
about what programming style has become common.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany