IPSEC tunnels

Dewayne Geraghty dewaynegeraghty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:43:17 UTC 2016

Yes I've used it in production for 10 years.  Using fixed passwords between
8 branch sites, a HQ, and a contingency location.  I've also
used strongswan (ikev2) and certificates but it was non-trivial.  All
firewalls were NATed, if you need to filter traffic you'll need to do so
via enc0 (as I recall).

Sorry no examples, generally I found it less trouble to filter the interior
side of the few, and/or define the ports that you're allowing-though that
starts to get messy.
Regards Dewayne
PS and for the paranoid, yes the password was changed via time-sync'ed ssh
:)