Low-level trace-buffers in CAM

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 02:52:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

ok. So this is where I create work for people. :-)

Something I've been tossing up for quite some time is a generic
version of this that exposes a ring-buffer of entries back to
userland. For things like this, things like ALQ/KTR, etc, it's all
just a producer-consumer ring based thing. You don't even care about
multiple readers; that's a userland thing.

So, I'm a big fan of this. I did this for the ath driver to debug
descriptors and register accesses and it was a big help. I'd really
like to see a more generic way we can expose this data in an efficient
manner!

-a