EFI/ZFS Update: successful tests, need more complex vdevs

Ganael Laplanche ganael.laplanche at corp.ovh.com
Wed Oct 21 14:11:22 UTC 2015

On Friday, October 16, 2015 05:30:45 PM Eric McCorkle wrote:

Hi Eric,

> In general, I need testing on ZFS setups with more complex vdevs (l2arc,
intent logs, mirroring, striping, raidz, etc.)

I have successfully run the following tests, on a server with 3 SSDs and
following the method I explained in my previous post (i.e. booting from
patched loader.efi, *not* boot1.efi), see:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2015-August/048141.html

1) Single disk + SLOG + L2ARC

# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
          da0p3     ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          da2       ONLINE       0     0     0
        cache
          da1       ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

=> Boot OK, the pool is up and running with logs and cache online

2) Striping on 3 disks

# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
          da0p3     ONLINE       0     0     0
          da1p3     ONLINE       0     0     0
          da2p3     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

=> Boot OK

3) Mirroring on 3 disks

# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            da0p3   ONLINE       0     0     0
            da1p3   ONLINE       0     0     0
            da2p3   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

=> Boot OK

4) Raidz on 3 disks

# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            da0p3   ONLINE       0     0     0
            da1p3   ONLINE       0     0     0
            da2p3   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

=> Boot OK

As Andrew asked, do you have an updated patch ? Or is the code available on
some repository ?

Thanks again for your great work,
Regards,

--