Fwd: Kernel boots, then does not allow root login.

AYAN KUMAR HALDER ayankumarh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:33:29 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am using freebsd kernel for ARM based custom SOC. The kernel boots
and asks for login access.
When I type root, it does not accept and repeatedly asks for login access.
I was trying to figure out if it was related to getty process. I
looked into the etc/etc.arm/ttys and found the following entries:-

ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire"  vt100   onifconsole  secure

ttyu1   "/usr/libexec/getty 3wire"  vt100   onifconsole  secure

This looked OK for me. Further, I got lost.

I am a newbie and this is my first query to the community, so please
let me know if I have posted on wrong forum.

Regards,
Ayan Kumar Halder