kernel pages superpage promotion/demotion

suresh gumpula gsuryacse7k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:39:05 UTC 2015

Thanks a lot for quick reply Alan.
The super page promotion/demotion  of kernel allocations is done in  9.1
also  I assume .  Please confirm.

Regarding write protection,  I am trying to chase a corruption of uma zone
allocation,  so I was looking at pmap_protect(9).
And thinking of using something like  pmap_protect(kernel_pmap, sva , eva,
VMPROT_READ);  to write protect  sva to eva of a zone allocation return
address.
So  can  pmap_protect(9) be  used for this purpose ?

Thanks
Suresh