Intel HD 5500 driver port

Johannes Dieterich dieterich.joh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:39:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Nicolas Martyanoff <khaelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have trouble finding info about support for the Intel HD 5500 graphic chip
> (used on broadwell platforms such as new Thinkpads) on FreeBSD. On Linux, it
> seems to be supported by the Intel driver Since June 2014¹.
>
> Is there a port in progress, or some development being done ?
>
> Feel free to redirect me to another mailing list if this is not the correct
> one :)
>
> Thank you in advance.
Dear Nicolas,

neither Haswell nor Broadwell iGPUs are currently supported by any
version of FreeBSD with the intel driver. However, work is underway by
some developers (kib@, dumbbell@) to make this happen. Please see
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics for up-to-date status/information of
all things graphics.

Depending on your requirements, you can use the vesa driver with
software rendering in the mean time.

HTH

Johannes