Server with 3TB Crashing at boot

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:32:09 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 03:33:18PM +0100, Michael Fuckner wrote:

> >> http://dedi3.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/dmar.log
> >>
> >> testing now...
> >
> > portsnap fetch crashes at 2% of 72MB- not very stable :(
> >

> so with dmar it runs unstable and without dmar I get no mpr1 and
> possibly no USB?
>
> http://dedi3.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/stable-no-dmar.txt
Send me two things:
1. output of acpidump -t
2. verbose dmesg of the boot with tunables set
hw.dmar.enable=1
hw.dmar.match_verbose=1

In the ideal world, this is best done with the HEAD kernel (you do not need
to reinstall the system to HEAD, just make kernel-toolchain buildkernel
on the HEAD src checkout, and install the kernel alongside with your
stable/10).