Server with 3TB Crashing at boot

Ryan Stone rysto32 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 21:17:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Michael Fuckner <michael at fuckner.net>
wrote:

>   Now I can kldload zfs without exploding kernel. I'll do some more tests
> tomorrow, but this looks fine!

Excellent news!  I'd be interested to know whether this fixes the panics
that you saw when zfs.ko was loaded by the bootloader.  It's definitely
possible, as the symptoms of this bug are likely to be random memory
corruption after zfs initializes, but your crash happened pretty early on
and I'm not sure whether zfs would have had a chance to do anything that
early.

Thanks for all of the work that you did to debug this.