How to test for memory corruption ?

Pratik Singhal ps06756 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 07:19:52 UTC 2015

Hello, I have written code for adding support for DMA transfers for
Allwinner A10 SoC (Cubieboard 1) in MMC driver/

I have tried transferring files to/from mmc card and verified that files
are copied fine.
Although, many times the kernel panics suddenly, after I transfer files.
This does not happen If I use PIO to transfer data (PIO's code is tested
and already committed to ~HEAD). Panics don't occur in the statements
written for DMA transfer.

I am suspecting that the problem is that the DMA transfer apart from
writing where it is required, is overwriting other parts of the memory
also.

Is there any way, I can verify that this is/this is not the case ?

Thank you,
Pratik Singhal