Suggestions for communication between FreeBSD user-space and kernel modules

Yue Chen ycyc321 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 04:07:35 UTC 2015

Thank you so much for replying.

I forgot to mention that I need to send several Megabytes of structured
"uint64_t" data. Is the "ioctls" approach good to handle this situation, or
"mmap" is better?

And for
> "2) In the cdevsw structure, implement the ioctl method.  This method
will be called when the userland application calls ioctl(2)",

the ioctl method will be automatically called, right?

Thanks again.