Two drivers sharing a single PCI device

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Fri Feb 6 03:50:46 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am working on an EHCI debug driver and I have the basics working (attach, probe for a debug dongle and send data back and forth) - https://bitbucket.org/DJOConnor/dbgp

However one problem remaining is that for it to work you have to detach the EHCI driver (obviously rather suboptimal :) so I am wondering what the best way would be to allow both ehci and dbgp to attach to the same PCI device.

The dbgp driver doesn't touch the EHCI registers once it's running but it does have some code to start the EHCI controller and reset the port during attach.

I can modify echi so it uses RF_SHAREABLE which should allow them to get newbus handles to the same area but the problem is that only one probe routine gets called.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."