Sparc64 support

Bill Sorenson instructionset at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:26:30 UTC 2015

For what it's worth I'm not opposed to relegating tier 2 platforms to an
external toolchain. I'm not building a product out of FreeBSD on sparc, and
I already use GCC from ports where clang is unavailable. If it means
killing GPL code in base and using libdispatch I think that is probably
worth it. I am on the side of rolling in OS X technology into FreeBSD. It's
one of the advantages the license brings. We get ZFS, dtrace, OS X stuff.

Forgive my ignorance though but I am curious as to the benefit of having
libdispatch in base vs being a ports dependency. Is there much in the base
system where it would be used? And if libdispatch were a port dependency on
by default, in tier 2 land where we must build ports ourselves anyway, we
could build without it or live with that port being broken.

-Bill Sorenson