Tool to access ZFS/NFSv4 alternate data streams on FreeBSD?

Jordan Hubbard jkh at ixsystems.com
Tue Sep 9 04:47:49 UTC 2014

Yep.  I was just describing the experience that OS X went through in implementing extattrs / legacy resource fork support.  To recap it very briefly:  Having NFSv4 support extattrs (or even named streams, if you want to go that far) is the comparatively easy part.  It’s backing them up / copying them around that gets more involved, and if you can’t back up certain attributes then you’re not likely to get anyone to want to use them, at which point the whole “sharing” aspect kind of takes a back seat.