1 gig superpages

Sebastian Kuzminsky S.Kuzminsky at F5.com
Mon Nov 10 16:16:25 UTC 2014

Hello hackers, I'm announcing the availability of a branch adding support for 1 GB superpages to FreeBSD.

https://github.com/Seb-LineRate/freebsd/commits/seb/stable-10/1-gig-pages

The branch is based on work done by Line Rate Systems and F5 Networks, and used in our LROS load-balancing product.

Our product is based on FreeBSD 9.1; the branch I linked to above is our 1 gig page support rebased onto stable/10.  I probably messed something up in the rebase, as lots of things changed both in pmap and vm since 9.1.  There are also a handful of commits that i haven't gotten to yet, but they are less consequential - just performance improvements to the buddy allocator.  I hope to push those over the next few days.

It should be relatively easy to rebase the branch onto Current.

This is a work in progress, and I would appreciate feedback and comments.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky