Can fmake be deleted?

Hartmut.Brandt at dlr.de Hartmut.Brandt at dlr.de
Mon May 5 11:41:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've seen that you've copied all the make tests over to usr.bin/make with a comment that they are fmake-only. According to your question they are to be removed.

Isn't bmake based on some version of fmake? In fact several of these tests check for bugs that I've fixed in our fmake some years ago. Are they now reintroduced via the bmake import? Wouldn't it make sense to retain the tests that apply to bmake?

In fact most of these tests are for rather basic things and if they do not work in bmake then things are broken.

When I worked on make I found it rather strange that one of the most basic programs has no tests altogether. So I recommend to make them work rather to remove them.

harti