Something related to C and C++

Brian Kim briansan24 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:45:36 UTC 2014

I really liked what Johan said about mapping your problem into the proper
domain...
Just to put in my 2 cents, I love C and I love object-oriented (oo)
programming, but I do not like C++. For me, C is programming at its
greatest because it will do EXACTLY what you tell it to do. Many languages
try to imitate C via its elegant syntax and constructs, which is rather
justified. However, C++ is an attempt to design a high-level oo language
using a low-level interface (ie the preprocessor), which also carries over
the limitations of C . As you develop a project with C++, you will begin to
run into extremely opaque errors that will be difficult to decipher
(particularly with templates and operator overloading). There are better
languages out there to develop high-level software with my suggestion being
Python.