There is currently no usable release of FreeBSD.

Jonathan Anderson jonathan at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 4 18:04:38 UTC 2014

Tony Li wrote:
> What’s the problem with using ‘legacy’?

Is the problem actually that we're using the term "legacy", which some
vendors use to mean "unsupported"? Perhaps we ought to say:

Supported releases:
Latest: 10.0
Also supported: 9.2, 8.4

or something more explicit about branch lifetimes (in keeping with the
new policy):

Supported branches:
10.x - supported until x/y/zz, current release 10.0
9.x - supported until x/y/zz, current release 9.2
8.x - supported until x/y/zz, current release 8.4

?

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson