Fix MNAMELEN or reimplement struct statfs

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Thu Jan 30 17:16:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 01:07:00PM +0000, Jase Thew wrote:
| On 22/11/2013 17:04, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
|
| [SNIP and CC list pruned]
|
| > It looks like we are converging.  I'll make some more changes to make
| > sure we are getting on a good path port another patch.  Once that looks
| > okay in concept then I'll start looking into testing the various file
| > systems since unfortuanately it touches a lot of code even though it is
| > mostly mechanical.  I don't have a lot of time to work on this so I
| > want to optimize various things as once.  If someone can help unit test
| > corner cases that would be great with the various file systems.  Atleast
| > I have VirtualBox netbooting so I can test things quicker.  However,
| > that required some debugging and changes to pxeboot to send the Client ID
| > so isc-dhcpd didn't get upset with it.  I need to check that doesn't
| > break the non-ipxe boot stuff that doesn't require the Client ID field to
| > be set.  I've only run into this issue with ipxe in VirtualBox and qemu.
| > I also have some pxe boot robustness and caching fixes that I should
| > get in as well.
|
| Hi Doug,
|
| Thanks for your continued work on this.
|
| Has any further progress been made on long pathname support?

Yes, I have.  I've folded the support of long path names to use
the existing field unless it needs to be longer.  When it needs to
be longer then I malloc space for it.  That way in the normal
case it isn't using any more space then before except for an extra
pointer.  I haven't done much testing with it.  It doesn't
seem to panic with sort or long mount points.  I got sucked into
some other work so this has been delayed.  I need to generate another
diff with this change for review.  It is a relatively minor change
to my prior patch.

Thanks for poking at me.  If I don't post something by next week
then ping me again.

Doug A.