Atom Board ACPI API MOPNV10J failing since 9.1

Dirk Engling erdgeist at erdgeist.org
Fri Jan 10 05:29:16 UTC 2014

Dear fellow hackers,

after upgrade my atom board to use the newer zfs features, I could not
use my network cards anymore, neither the builtin realtek, nor my intel
e1000 card.

You can see it in the http://erdgeist.org/MOPNV10J/dmesg (here one from
FreeBSD-10.0-RC5, but 9.1 and 9.2 behave the same)

re0: PHY read failed
re0: attaching PHYs failed
em0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Legacy Network Connection 1.0.6> port
0x1000-0x103f irq 21 at device 0.0 on pci5
em0: Setup of Shared code failed
device_attach: em0 attach returned 6

Searching the forums and mailing lists I found this might be related to
the new pcib code and indeed I found in every dmesg since 9.1:

pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 28.0 on pci0
pcib1: failed to allocate initial prefetch window: 0xe0000000-0xe00fffff

>From now I'm out of my depths, if someone can help me with some pointers
on whom to ask, it would be appreciated.

For completeness, the output of

  devinfo -r
  http://erdgeist.org/MOPNV10J/devinfo

and of