Strange keyboard mistake

by free7by at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 04:00:25 UTC 2014

      Hi,
      I got a very strange problem.
      I got another keyboard for my laptop, everything goes well for days, but today, for some reasons when in csh environment, i got my new keyboard off my laptop's USB port, and just a few minutes later, after i put it back, keyboard got a mistake.
      For example, when i type 'b', it became a "smile face", and other keys became other strange symbols too!
      What is the most strange is that my original keyboard on my laptop became the same!
      I got no idea how to do, so i hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to reboot, after reboot, everything became normal.
      Does anyone got any ideas about this strange behavior? Or if i do not want to reboot, what should i do when i encounter this situation again.
      By the way, i use FreeBSD 8.4 RELEASE and my new keyboard is Logitech K310.
      Thanks.
----by