Variant Link (Was: Re: Thoughts on Multi-Symlink Concept)

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Wed Feb 26 20:34:24 UTC 2014

On 25-2-2014 2:20, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, George Mitchell wrote:
>> On 02/22/14 21:45, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>>> On Feb 22, 2014, at 3:06 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Since we're going down DomainOS Memory Lane, does anyone else miss
>> transcript pads?                                         -- George
>
> I missed the transcript pad too.
>
> I also missed the DM editor and the ability to write DM scripts.
>
> And I miss the edit pad - the first time I was able to do
> a rectangular cut/paste/move.  And I loved the ability to place
> the cursor beyond the current end of a line and start typing
> (without clicking the mouse!).  I hate having to hold down
> the space bar, adding blanks, to get out to the column I want
> (suppose your coding conventions disallow tabs).

If I remember correctly it was possible to run X on the box, in a sort of
transparent thru mode. And that was version 10.??

But first time I saw it, I wondered why anybody would want to run that
on DomainOS? It was progress the wrong way around....

And from the DM editor, I went into vi, because Emacs just does not fit
in the frame of my brain.... :(

BTW Got an svn URL from Brooks@, so I'll atleast download the
VariantLink code....

--WjW