Thoughts on Multi-Symlink Concept

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 25 01:20:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, George Mitchell wrote:

> On 02/22/14 21:45, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 22, 2014, at 3:06 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, please can we get these ....
>>>
>>> Apollo Domain systems had those, and they were great.
>>> Set SYSTYPE to BSD4 and get the BSD tree and all that came with it, or
>>> SYSV to get the other stuff.
>> [...]
>
> Since we're going down DomainOS Memory Lane, does anyone else miss
> transcript pads?                                         -- George

I missed the transcript pad too.

I also missed the DM editor and the ability to write DM scripts.

And I miss the edit pad - the first time I was able to do
a rectangular cut/paste/move.  And I loved the ability to place
the cursor beyond the current end of a line and start typing
(without clicking the mouse!).  I hate having to hold down
the space bar, adding blanks, to get out to the column I want
(suppose your coding conventions disallow tabs).

--
DE