Is it possible to get make variable without recursive expansion?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 7 16:34:26 UTC 2014

Hello, Freebsd-hackers.

 Suppose, I have in my Makefile such construction:

A=xxx
B=yyy
ANB=${A} and ${B}

 Is it possible to get value of ANB without recursive expansion, i.e. string
"${A} and ${B} and" in this case? I know, that all expansions are done at
last moment (If I don't use ":=" operator), but is it possible to block
second- and more-level expansion?

 I need to output "ANB=${ANB}" construction to external file without further
expansion...

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>