How to make a FreeBSD vm in virtualbox.

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 31 18:30:41 UTC 2014

On 12/31/14 10:21 AM, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 07:06:39PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>> Long ago I had created the quick and really dirty:
>> https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/vmdkimage-srcs/
>>

> Ding! Ding! Ding!
>
> Baptiste wins.
>
> At quick glance, this looks like exactly what I had hoped somebody had
> stashed away somewhere.  Thank you for the link, I'll look at this next
> year.
>
> Glen

Bapt mentioned that his .ova files didn't seem to work outside of virtuabox.

I would suggest to re-create the .ova file using my script, but try
adding one of these two options to the export command:

   VBoxManage export [--legacy09|--ovf09]  <- these options might help?

In the meanwhile I'm making a "virtualbox-ose-lite" port which will in
turn have a package with many fewer deps which will in turn make this
less triggering to Glen.

-Alfred