Keymap definitions for VT / NEWCONS

Erik Cederstrand erik+lists at cederstrand.dk
Wed Aug 13 13:47:57 UTC 2014

Den 12/08/2014 kl. 19.40 skrev Ed Maste <emaste at FreeBSD.org>:

> On 12 August 2014 11:04, Stefan Esser <se at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> This is my list of converted keymaps I'm ready to commit:
>> danish.acc.kbd
>> danish.kbd
>
> I wonder if we should use this opportunity to rationalize the keyboard
> layout names, using two letter codes consistently (so dk.kbd).

Sounds like a good idea. Just provide some kind of translation file instead of bailing and using a default keymap. Trying to desperately remember the default US layout just to edit rc.conf and reboot is a pain. Preferably as a warning at boot time like 'keymap "danish.iso.kbd" is deprecated. The new name is "da_DK.kbd". Please edit /etc/rc.conf'.

Thanks,
Erik