Stuck CLOSED sockets / sshd / zombies...

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 12 15:52:20 UTC 2014

Hello, Karl.
You wrote 2 апреля 2014 г., 18:30:06:

KP> It's affecting a number of people - predominately with sshd.
 I've got problem like this with "transmission-daemon" from ports today.
"netstat" shows 300+ CLOSED tcp sockets for more than hour, kernel complains
about overflowed accept queue, and I was not able to kill
"transmission-daemon", even reboot process doesn't help (it stuck for more
than hour, again, and then I used power switch, what led to destruction of
all mu UFS2 SUJ filesystems, which is different story.

 But, again, it started from stuck network daemon and 300+ CLOSED tcp4/tcp6
sockets.

 So, maybe, it is not sshd-specific.

I'm using 10-STABLE r263965.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>