cause of reboot

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Sep 30 14:49:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:24:18 +0300
Emre Çamalan <mailist at yandex.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> my server reboots every night and same o'clock last 10 days. But this
> machine's uptime was 96days.
>
> Suddenly reboot this machine and now this continue every night again and
> again.
>
> I didn't find any reason and I didn't change anything else.
>
> I looked "last" command,
> reboot ~ ~   AM 03.15  ~

	That's likely something in the daily run going wrong, try disabling
items in there one by one (by editing /etc/periodic.conf - which probably
doesn't yet exist so create it and look in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf for
details) until you get through a night without a reboot. Then the next step
is to figure out why whatever is crashing the system does so, but first
let's find out what.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>