Network stack changes

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 23:50:56 UTC 2013

> And any time you increase latency, that will have a negative impact on
> NFS performance. NFS RPCs are usually small messages (except Write requests
> and Read replies) and the RTT for these (mostly small, bidirectional)
> messages can have a significant impact on NFS perf.
>
> rick

this may be a bit off topic but not much... I have wondered with all of the
new
tcp algorithms
http://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.com/2011/03/summary-of-five-new-tcp-congestion.html

what algorithm is best suited for NFS over gigabit Ethernet, say FreeBSD to
FreeBSD.
and further more would a NFS optimized tcp algorithm be useful?

Sam Fourman Jr.