rc.d scripts to control multiple instances of the same daemon?

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 26 07:55:09 UTC 2013

Garrett Wollman ha scritto:
> I've looked around for examples of good practice to emulate, and
> haven't found much.  The closest to what I want looks to be
> vboxheadless, but I'm uncomfortable with the amount of mechanism from
> rc.subr that it needs to reimplement.  Are there any better examples?

Basically there are two types of implementation with different pro/cons:
profiles and symlinks.

vboxheadless is in the first category, tomcat7 in the second one:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/tomcat7/files/tomcat7.in?revision=307489&view=markup

--
Alex Dupre