Should process run under chroot(8) still see mounts on the original system?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Tue Jul 23 23:44:19 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 16:31, Mateusz Guzik wrote:
> Of course then you may have some unnecessary separation but that I
> believe can be simply worked out if it turns out to be problematic.

jail would completely separate two systems. In my case this app also
communicates through files that it creates and host app reads through
symbolic links. It might also be assuming that it runs on the same host
and maybe is unable to connect to X server other than through the shared
memory.

Such functionality can be made optional through some sysctl variable.

Yuri