another question

David Sanford david.lee.tn at programmer.net
Tue Jul 2 00:42:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your responses to my first question. They were very helpful.

In looking at the code, I ran across the functions setprogname and getprogname. According to the man page:
In FreeBSD, the name of the program is set by the start-up code that is run before  *main*(); thus, running  *setprogname*() is not necessary.
I'm confused by how this is done. Where is this "start-up code" defined? Is this included in all executables compiled on FreeBSD? Even the programs released under the GNU GPL?

Sincerely,

David Lee from Tennessee