First cut of the continuous testing infrastructure

Julio Merino julio at meroh.net
Tue Dec 31 13:23:09 UTC 2013

Dear all,

With all the work that has gone into the tree to add the barebones of
a test suite in FreeBSD, and with the generous availability of 3
machines for testing purposes, I am pleased to announce the very first
cut of the testing infrastructure!

Before spoiling the fun, let me make clear that these pages are /not/
final by any means. There is still a ton of work to be done to, at
least: 1) make the reports more amenable and usable; 2) extend the
infrastructure to cover more releases and architectures; 3) grow the
test suite to make it a useful tool; 4) fix existing breakage; and 5)
notify developers when things break (possibly even pinpointing at
faulty commits!).

Having said that, point your browser at:

    http://kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org/

and have fun!

You may read some more on this work on the project page:

    http://wiki.freebsd.org/TestSuite

and on my blog post introducing the FreeBSD test suite:

    http://julipedia.meroh.net/2013/12/introducing-freebsd-test-suite.html

Hoping you find this useful in its current form... let the feedback flow!

Enjoy your entry into 2014 :-)

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv