[CFT/RFC]: refactor bsd.prog.mk to understand multiple programs instead of a singular program

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 06:01:11 UTC 2012

Hello,
    I've been a bit busy working on porting over ATF from NetBSD, and
one of the pieces that's currently not available in FreeBSD that's
available in NetBSD is the ability to understand and compile multiple
programs. In order to do this I had to refactor bsd.prog.mk (a lot).
The attached patch is the end result so far, and I was wondering if
anyone could please review it and/or test it (outside of me doing so).
I wrote over 40 tests, but it's not exercising everything, and I would
like for someone to please review/test this out who has an interest in
NLS support (ala bsd.nls.mk) in particular. AFAICT this is the only
gap that I couldn't resolve right away (there isn't a ton of recent
documentation on how to use bsd.nls.mk).
    I'll run a micro benchmark and buildworld a few times (in
progress) with and without the change to measure the performance
effect.
    Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
-Garrett