syslog(3) issues

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 2 23:35:26 UTC 2012

Hi,
I was trying to use syslog(3) in a port application that uses
threading , having all of them at the LOG_CRIT level. What I see is
that when the logging gets massive (1000 entries) I cannot find some
items within the /var/log/messages (I know because I started stamping
also some sort of message ID in order to see what is going on). The
missing items are in the order of 25% of what really be there.

Someone has a good idea on where I can start verifying for my syslogd
system? I have really 0 experience with syslogd and maybe I could be
missing something obvious.

Thanks,
Attilio